SKINCARE SHOPYour skin is the largest organ in your body
You will be wearing your skin every day for the rest of your life.
If you are looking to optimise or improve your skin, then Tanya is here to help with some basic skincare steps that can make a big difference alongside her nutritional advice.
The key to skincare is consistency and routine. A basic regime of daily protection from excessive UV radiation, protection from excessive irritation and drying (by avoiding drying soaps, excess water or irritating chemicals such as parabens, petrochemicals and sulphates found in many skincare products) and aiding of the skin’s barrier properties (using a moisturising protective layer) will result in noticeable improvement in almost all skin.
- Your skin operates as a barrier – protecting against dehydration as well as external factors such as physical and chemical injury and bugs, allergens, toxins and carcinogens.
- Your skin helps with regulating your body temperature.
- Your skin provides protection from UV radiation by producing melanin.
- Your skin gives you the sense of touch, providing interaction with physical surroundings.
- Your skin assists with the production of Vitamin D – UV light activates a Vitamin D precursor in your skin.
- Your skin helps with wound healing.
- Your skin is porous so it absorbs whatever you put on it.
- Your skin plays a role in excretion – sweating eliminates excess water, salt, urea and ammonium.
- Your skin promotes beauty and physical attraction – the quality and condition of the skin greatly contributes to the perception of health, wellness, youth and beauty.
WHAT SKINCARE PRODUCTS DOES TANYA RECOMMEND?
Tanya uses and recommends Tropic Skincare
“If we could give every individual the right amount of nourishment and exercise, not too little and not too much, we would have found the safest way to health.”
Each formulation is created in our own Innovation Lab, harnessing the best in green skincare science. For freshness, we make our products at Tropic HQ, so you can enjoy the active ingredients while they are most potent. Because they’re so fresh, each product has a best before date, so you know you’re getting the most out of your products.
Did you know that Tropic is also a certified CarbonNeutral® company?
From product deliveries, to powering our HQ, and even our team’s commutes to work, all of our carbon emissions are accounted for, and double offset.
Through this initiative, we’ve funded conservation work in the Amazonian rainforest and helped to protect 65,000 hectares of forest from unsustainable palm oil conversion in Indonesia.
Education empowers children, opening the way for them to access better jobs and higher incomes later in life.
Education should not be a privilege – it is a human right. That’s why we’re working with United World Schools to help make our dream of every child having access to education a reality.
Every Tropic order goes towards educating a child in Cambodia, Myanmar or Nepal, who otherwise would not have access to education, with every £50 spend* funding a day of education where it is needed most.
*Excludes delivery charges
PROTECT LAND + SEA
We want to conserve our oceans and the marine life that lives there, which is why our entire spf sunscreen range is Protect Land + Sea certified, making it completely reef-safe.
Every one of our products is packed full of the freshest, most nutritious natural ingredients to nourish and transform your skin.
We pride ourselves on sustainably sourcing these powerful, natural ingredients from tropical destinations around the world such as Australia, Madagascar and Brazil.
Tropic has a very wide range of natural skincare products and personalised make-up palettes.
Plants and fruits are used in every product with all ingredients being sustainably sourced from the Amazon rainforest, Polynesia, Australia and many more exotic regions.
The product range is manufactured in the UK in their Surrey Beauty Kitchen. My favourite product is the Tropic Body Smooth Refreshing Polish.. an excellent exfoliator.. a pot of total luxury for your skin.