Nutrition… where do I start?
Every cell in the body relies upon vitamins, minerals, proteins, fats and carbohydrates to function correctly, thus our nutrition is crucial to optimise how well these cells function.
Eating a balanced diet to supply the body with effective and adequate levels of these nutrients, will enable the cells, tissues, organs to function optimally.
A simple nutrition philosophy to start with is:
- Always drink a large glass of filtered or still mineral water approx. ½ hr before each meal.
- Aim to drink 2L of filtered or still mineral water per day
- Enjoy food
- Eat a rainbow of plants, and plenty of them
- Choose wholefoods as close to their natural state as possible
- Avoid sugar and processed food
- Eat seasonal, organic, local foods when possible
- Eat when you are hungry
- Eat mindfully - Chew your food well – do not eat while sitting in front of the computer or television or when feeling stressed.